-->

“I’m Done”: Guy Refuses To Tip Anymore


Tipping is getting out of hand in the US. The percentage of a customary tip you give for a standard service is growing higher and higher as time goes on. At the moment, we are at 20%, and there’s no sign of stopping. But that’s not all. Tipping is becoming so common, everyone from car mechanics to tattoo artists are now adding a tipping option to their bills. And how do you not tip someone who is making sure your car is safe? Well, some people have had enough of it. Like this TikToker named Dustin Anderson. He made a video expressing his frustration and, subsequently, sparked an interesting discussion online. Scroll down and see where you stand on this matter. Tipping culture in the US is very omnipresent at the moment. Some would say maybe a little too omnipresent 

This TikToker, for example, has had enough of it. Here’s why he is not planning on tipping any longer.

It used to be you’d give a tip if somebody gave exceptional service. When was the last time you got exceptional service anywhere? And it’s just expected. They bring you the bill at the end and they’re like, ‘Here, just fill this out.’ 20%, 25%. No, you did your job.

They made food, you carried it to my table. You got me a Diet Coke, thank you. That was your job. You don’t get 25% because you did your job.

“And I’m not the bad guy here. I’m not”

If you own a restaurant, just tell me what it costs. I don’t want people to go hungry. What does it cost for me to get my food and also so that the waitstaff doesn’t have to join the cartel, do some Lord of the Flies, Oliver Twist stuff. I want people to be taken care of. Just tell me what it costs.


Watch his whole video explanation here







@therealdustinanderson #tips ♬ original sound - Dustin Anderson